Wednesday, February 12, 2014

DIY | V-Day Felt Arrows

I don't usually do holiday-themed crafts on my blog because I never have any place to put them when the holiday passes! My kidlings ended up doing this for Sabbath School last week, so I figured I'd might as well post a DIY for it. This is super simple to make and makes a really cute (and inexpensive) gift! 





DIY V-Day Felt Arrows

(Difficulty: Easy)



Supplies

(1) Download the template here!
(2) Felt 
(3) Tacky glue 
(4) Scissors (I like to use sharp fabric scissors)
(5) Bamboo chopstick (Check your takeout bag!)
(6) Optional: glitter, ribbon, beads, embellishments, acrylic paint 

What's ReadyCart?

Steps


1. Trace your template onto your felt. You'll need two of each shape.

2. Squeeze a line of glue down the center of the heart.

3. At this point, you may choose to paint your chopstick if you wish. Attach one end of the chopstick, leaving a little gap at the end as shown.

4. Apply glue all over the other heart shape and line up the two hearts.


5. Repeat steps 2-4 with the feather shape. Let dry. You can choose to cut notches like I did or you can cut multiple slits along each side to simulate feathers.

6. Decorate! I added a little strip of paper with "I love you" on it :)

One of my kidlings commissioned asked me to make 24 mini ones for her class, so what I did was cut both the shapes smaller and replace the chopstick with a popsicle stick so that she could write each classmate's name on it.


** Don't wanna DIY? Prefer to B-U-Y? I'll be selling any extras I made, along with many other items, in my shop Two Teaspoons coming soon. Stay tuned!

30 comments:

  1. Where is that bear keychain from?? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce! It was actually a gift so unfortunately I have no idea where it's from. However, I was able to find a similar one on eBay that comes in a couple colors: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pink-Crystal-Bear-Key-Chain-Key-Ring-with-Rabbit-Fur-Trim-/171214332881?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27dd2b63d1 Hopefully that helps! Stay tuned though, I might be including this in my first blog giveaway very soon! :)

      Delete
  2. I like what you guys are up also. Such clever work and reporting!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Wow, superb blog layout! Magnificent, let alone the content

    ReplyDelete

  4. Pretty! This has been an incredibly wonderful article. Thank you for supplying this information.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Good blog and absolutely exceptional. Thank you for sharing this excellent post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for providing a good quality article.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Post for Beginner to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, amazing blog format! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was seeking this particular info for a long time. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great, thanks for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  12. For certain I will review out more posts. Keep on sharing dude.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really appreciate you sharing this article. Much thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I’ll be coming back to your website for more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything is very open with a really clear explanation of the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, happy that i saw on this in google. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You put truly extremely accommodating data. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you for sharing such a great bog it is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This blog posts are more interesting and impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good information to know and right to the point.

    ReplyDelete

  21. Saved as a favorite, I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete

  22. This article is really contains lot more information about This Topic. Its great

    ReplyDelete

  23. I keep on reading your blog post. Thanks a lot for sharing this unique informative post with us.

    ReplyDelete

  24. Nice information. I’ve bookmarked your site.

    ReplyDelete

  25. This design is wicked! You certainly know how to keep a reader entertained.

    ReplyDelete

  26. Very useful information shared in this article, nicely written`

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...